What would you say to newlyweds who are deciding to have abortions because they say they got pregnant "too soon"?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:18 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• I would do my best to talk them out of it, because terminating a pregnancy for such a silly reason could only lead to regret. What if they terminated this pregnancy then couldn't conceive years later when they were ready?

We were not "ready" at all when I got pregnant. We weren't married yet, we'd just moved 1000+ miles from home and were looking for jobs, had no health insurance and I didn't even have my driver's license. But we made it work and feel blessed to have our son and cannot imagine our lives without him. He's the best thing to ever happen to us.

If I couldn't talk them out of it I'd probably have to end the friendship. I'm pro-choice but believe this choice should be used for emergencies - rape, medical concerns, extreme poverty, etc. Pregnancy isn't like a dinner reservation you can cancel and reschedule, or an outfit you can buy and return for store credit. How shallow!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:06 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• "You will one day live to regret it." best of luck to them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• i'd say keep the baby, it's more of a blessing than a curse and if you weren't ready for a baby maybe you should have got some birthcontrol and condoms for your wedding ignorant baby killers
    Anonymous

• I would say, "Why did you tell me this personal information?"

Anonymous

• "You will one day live to regret it."

I definitely 2nd that!

Answer by missanc at 2:21 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I probably wouldn't say anything......not my marriage, not my body.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 2:27 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• That is so silly. Yep should have used bc and they will regret it especially if that can't get pregnant later.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 2:31 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• It must of been very difficult for you to make the decision. Now that you have let it go.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 2:32 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• That is selfish on so many levels, having a baby is a blessing that a lot of women are not abole to have, and killing such a miracle for such selfish reasons, I have no words for people like that, let God judge them cuz I don't have anything nice to say.

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:35 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Nothing. It has nothing to do with me. If they offered the info, and wanted a discussion, then I guess I'd discuss it.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:36 PM on Sep. 23, 2009