Suspicious of MIL....hhmmm...

My MIL is not my favorite person in the world, in fact we have gotten into many fights about her rudeness, barging into our house unannounced, and her comments about me to others. Recently my DH and I found ourselves deperate for a baby sitter, and she said she would, "Pencil us in". The next day, after she had watched my 2 yr old son, and 2 yr old son, my oldest pointed at me in the car and said, "DUMB MOMMY." :/ He has never heard anything like that before, and I asked him to tell me where he heard it, bbut he couldn't answer. I have suspicions it's my MIL. Any suggestions or comments? I need to know a plan of action b/c I will Not have anyone teaching my children negitivity about me.

KorisMum

Asked by KorisMum at 2:18 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You have to do what's best for your child, if DH can't see what's going on, then he needs a good dose of reality. You do NOT have to let her watch him again.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:20 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• That is ridiculous, I would limit the kids time around her. More than likely, unless you make a big deal about it, your son will forget about it. My son would come home saying crazy things and doing crazy things when he came from his dads. I just save face in front of him and then go in the bathroom and complain my head off lol
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 2:24 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• You husband needs to straighten out his mother.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 2:28 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• You have no proof that he heard it from mil, so it would not be wise to accuse her without proof.

On the one hand, you say you don't like your mil, but then you allow her to babysit? You can't have it both ways.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• tell her to watch him how you ask her to or she wont be able to watch him at all... NANNY CAM though.
    jlouise03

Answer by jlouise03 at 1:14 AM on Sep. 24, 2009