What do you feed your toddlers?

What do you feed your toddlers for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks? I feel like I'm in a rut and feeding them the same things: hot dogs, macaroni & cheese, grilled cheese, chicken nuggets...they are not big on fruits and veggies although I try to introduce them..they wind up on the floor. I need some new ideas!!

2coolmama

Asked by 2coolmama at 9:56 PM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Health

• how about soup or spaghettio's. My k ids don't like them but hey worth a shot! LOL! I understand about the lunch rut! I feel the same way at times. We always have fruit and yogurt w lunch. Sometimes cheese too! YUM!
    Mimomof3boys

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 10:48 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I just asked the very same question! I've been feeding my daughter the same thing all the time but I really want to change it up a bit. Yesterday she I made her a bean and cheese burrito (I'm mexican) and she loved it. The beans have fiber so that's always good nutritionally. Also, I'm giving vegetables ALL the time now... although they end up on the floor too, I'm hoping that one day she'll be asking me for them. Today I made her a grilled cheese sandwich and she ate that up too.
    msp12r

Answer by msp12r at 6:01 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• To the post above. My suggestion is that if you want more veggies, then you should give here a plate at the first of the meal with nothing with veggies on it. Then let her know that she has to eat 1-2 before she can have the other food. It is VERY important that she gets in a good eating pattern young, and burritos are okay....but ONLY if they are give very infrequently.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:01 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I was about to answer this question until I realized that what you feed your kid is the exact same as I feed mine!! I guess I am in a rut too:) I also do lunch meat, cheese, cooked carrots, green beans. You could try fish sticks, pasta, I sometimes do leftovers too.
    emmasmom25

Answer by emmasmom25 at 8:59 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• my boys are 3 and my trick is dip... carmel dip for apple slices ranch dip for chicken or fish
    cherri_bloss

Answer by cherri_bloss at 4:52 AM on Jun. 29, 2008