• In the Spotlight:

13 yr olds chores

what are resonable chores for everyday for a 13 yr old? what does yours do?

mememecassie

Asked by mememecassie at 2:26 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• 13 year olds can do anything you do around the house. Including out door/yard stuff. So to me the sky is the limit, when it comes to chores.

Answer by louise2 at 2:31 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• When i was 13 i had to do the dishes, vacuum, mow the yard, clean the bathrooms, the kitchen, ...in fact, my siblings and i did all the chores. My mom was a single mother of 4 and had no time to do any of the cleaning so we did it all.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:30 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I myself do not have a 13 y/o. But my little sister is 12 and she makes her bed, cleans her room and her bathroom. Does the dishes everyother day. Takes out the trash from time to time. She also cleans up the messes she makes. I personally think this is pretty reasonable. You help clean the things that you help get dirty and all is fair.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 2:31 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• mine is 11 he washes dishes, takes out trash, cleans cat boxes. He also will help mow the lawn and pretty much anything else i ask he is a pretty good kid and rarely gets an attitude when i ask for help. My 8 y/o helps with trash dishes and cats.

It is broken down like this. My 11 y/o washes the dishes ,takes out kitchen trash, the 8 y/o unloads the dishwasher, takes out bathroom trash, they alternate each week who takes the trash to the curb and they both clean the cat boxes.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:32 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• when i was 13, i did my own laundry (there were 5 kids one was a toddler so it was easier on my mother if i did my own), cleaned my room, dishes/kitchen clean up, vacum, dust (it depended, my sis was 11 we took turns on that and a few other chores). things like the trash, mail, and easier chores went to my 9 yr old brother.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 2:37 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• i'm a single mom and my soon to be 13yr and soon to be 3yr old both have chores. through out the week the teenager is to unload the dishwasher and keep her bedroom and bathroom picked up and she is responsible for her own laundry to be washed and put away. On Saturday morning I list out all the chores that need to be done, she usually picks out cleaning toliets, sweeping and moving furniture for vaccuuming. while my little one cleans the sliding glass door, mirrors, dusts and takes towels to the washer, along with following and being mom's Helper, she also is to clean her room and put her dishes in the dishwasher every night.

My oldest has also helped out her grandparents while they were working long hours by vaccuuming, sweeping and mopping thier house.

I beleive they are never to young to help out. If we all get our stuff done we have time together to do fun things!!!!
    roxyann76

Answer by roxyann76 at 2:53 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• my 14yo loads/unloads the dishwasher, empties out the trash(she hates that), cleans her room, does her own laundry, vacuums, sometimes. Helps me alot w/the baby, diaper changes, she feeds him. she's great.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 12:52 AM on Sep. 24, 2009