chores

my bfs 13 yr old doesnt think he has to do any chores hes picked garbage and vaccuming everyday and still doesnt do it, I do everything else, my 4 yr old puts all dirty laundry downstairs, and feeds the dogs daily, she helps me with the feeding animals in the barn, she even trys to mops floors without being asked!!!!!! and I cant get him to do a damn thing not even put his dishes in the dish washer its not his chores why should he he tells me, any suggestions? Im to the point where why should I do anything without help..

mememecassie

Asked by mememecassie at 2:48 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Tell your BF to grow some balls and be ashamed of himself..

Your 4 year old knows about teamwork and his teenager does not..

Just an insight....you are looking at your future if you BF does not wise up...
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 2:57 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Is your BF supporting you and the decision to assign chores? If so when the 13yrold asks for money to go somewhere, say NO. or asks for something picked up at the store simply and kindly say "why you dont do what i ask of you". My daughter started this and some of these helped correct her. Saturdays she likes to do things with her friends and I have told her I dont get to do anything tell this list is done and neither do you. She started picking the simple things but hey anything was better then nothing. But as soon as i Started telling her no cash for the mall, skating, ice cream (was bought several times for my and her sister as a reward for doing some major spring cleaning) she got the hint, and only grumbles half as much but gets it done :)

Good luck!
    roxyann76

Answer by roxyann76 at 3:01 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• either his dad needs to buckle down or you do. take privilages away. say he can't watch tv, play on the computer/video games until he does his chores. i mean for crying out loud all he has to do is vaccum and take out the garbage! when i was his age, i had dishes, laundry, sweeping, mopping, cleaning my room (although my room was hardly ever done lol), dusting, ect. and i didn't even get allowance. my parents philosophy (and mine when the kids get older) you live in the house you help clean it up. you and your 4 yr old are NOT the only ones that track dirt in the house, use the dishes, wear clothes, ect. crack down now or else when he gets older him and his "future wife" will have issues when he thinks she should be doing all the work GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:04 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Grandma's rule. No desert unless you finish your dinner. If he doesn't complete his chores or do what is expected of him, then he needs to have privileges taken away. BTW, if you and his dad do not stand united, kids have a tendency to want to conquer and divide. Be mindful of it. Good luck.
    poohbear04433

Answer by poohbear04433 at 3:17 PM on Sep. 23, 2009