just got letter frome the dr

i got this letter in the mail about a pap smear i got 2 weeks ago saying that it need futher care what could it be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:01 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Health

• probably just abnormal cells.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:02 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• could it be cancer?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• not necessarily, they probably just need to do some further testing due to abnormal cells. If it was very serious, they would have called rather then mailed you a letter 2 weeks later. just make the follow up appointment and go from there
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:13 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• They may want you to have what is called a colposcopy with the possibility of a biopsy. A colposcopy is when they use a speculum and a special microscope to look at your vaginal wall and cervix to look for any abnormal cells, if they find anything like sores they may do a biopsy!

I had a colposcopy when I was 20 weeks pregnant and everything was fine, it took 5 minutes, no bleeding, 30 minutes later I felt 100% back to normal and nothing was wrong with me, they took another pap at the same time and that one came back normal!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:54 PM on Sep. 23, 2009