Appropriate or doesn't really matter?

I'm going to be one of the chaperones for my daughter's field trip to the county fair on Friday. I was talking to the teacher and she was teasing me, asking if I would ride my motorcycle when we went, and I said I was thinking about it. Another mom, there for a parent/teacher conference, looked horrified and said, "That's just not appropriate! You shouldn't ride that thing to a school event!" I ignored her, but it got me to wondering.
Besides the obvious factor of it's none of her business, is it appropriate or not a big deal?
(I'll probably ride it anyway, just cause I LOVE riding my motorcycle, but I was wondering what you ladies thought.)

debra_benge

Asked by debra_benge at 3:02 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• who cares! Do you what you want. I'd ride it just for that fact ha ha :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:03 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• How is that not appropriate? It's a large scooter and if you rode that, they wouldn't care. It's the vibe leftover from 'Hells Angels"
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:04 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I think she is jealous you have a motorcycle ;0)
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 3:04 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Jsut curious, but are you just riding it to the school and then taking the bus? Do the chaperones drive themself to the fair or do they ride with the kids? I everyone is driving themselves then I don't see what the big deal is. If the chaperones are riding with the kids, then yes you should too!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 3:05 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I agree with micheledo. It's not as though you're going to have a child on the back of the bike. Or show up on your hog in tight black leather, spitting out chew with a purple mohawk. She's dumb. If everyone drives separately, take your bike if you want.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:07 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• drivingGirl, I say you ride what ever you want...

Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 3:09 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• As long as you don't plan on piling the kids behind you and in a side car, I don't think it a big deal!! Are you meeting them at the fair? Driving to school then getting on a bus? I think this lady is being stupid. Tell her "Don't worry I won't wear my assless leather chaps and doo rag!"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Chaperones have the option of riding the bus or taking their own vehicle. I'm not keen on the idea of riding with 50 kindergartner and 1st graders! LOL

I figured I'd add that I wear all the safety gear, i.e. full-face helmet, boots, jacket and gloves. None of them have anything tacky on them, in fact, the only thing that has anything on it is my helmet, and my husband added a Celtic Knot reflective decal to the back for added visibility!

I am NOT your stereo-typical biker chick, either! I'm a bit overweight, with a very casual wardrobe of jeans and baggy t-shirts!
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 3:15 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• LOL, Anonymous. Actually, I WILL be wearing my doo rag, but only because it helps keep down the helmet hair!! LOL
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 3:16 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• RIDE IT!!!!!!!! I think it's awsome!!! Don't worry. She's just being either over protective or jealous. You know how to be safe and it's up to parents to talk to kids about the saftey of things.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:19 PM on Sep. 23, 2009