Toys For Tots

Has anyone ever used them when you couldnt afford Christmas toys for your kids? What kinds of thing did your child get?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:11 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Holidays

• I have donated to them before ;)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:18 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Probably an assortment of things people donate.

Best thing to do is not to depend on them and start saving for your kids gifts now because a lot people have lost their jobs this year who normally would give.  When the economy is good people give when it's down they don't have the money to do so.  :-(

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:10 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I never did but when ds was in a church daycare they donated to him.
    SaturnsMom

Answer by SaturnsMom at 4:35 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I read this in someone's journal that they had been adopted by someone in a Christmas group called Christmas Wishes

Check it out.  angel

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:12 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• If you are looking for Christmas gifts for your kids I would check with your local township or city offices to find out where to sign up. I work with a community service organization in my town and we normally "adopt" 10-12 families every Christmas. I know that the toys from Toys for Tots are all new.
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 8:58 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• We live in a very small town and last year we got Tos for tots. The only place to buy toys here is the Family DOllar, but I am sure in larger areas you would have Walmart and Target. They got things like soccer balls, clothes, board games. They loved it and we are greatful.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:41 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I donate to toys for tots every year. Its a great program. It really depends on what people donate to the org to what you'll get. If anyone is interested in helping out the cause I'm actually hosting an Avon Fundraiser to benefit Toys For Tots right now! It started today! Just visit www.youravon.com/dhullum and use promotional code Toysfortots at checkout and a percentage of your purchase will be donated to Toys For Tots easy as that! Please tell other people about it too! I know they really need our help this year. With nearly double digit unemployment rates people needed help are huge this year!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 3:11 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• We signed up this year for Toys for Tots this is what my son wanted, Fisher Price Geo Trax AKA "choo choos", Fridge Phonic by leapfrog, Disney Pixar Cars stuff, puzzles and books,
    This is what he got 2 Disney Pixar car that are actually key chains, coloring book and crayons, Lap size activity easle, stuffed animal that I think was suppose to come with a book it was one of those Kohls cares for kids, 2 foam puzzles everything had price on it and didnt even come to $15, He didnt even get then main thing he WANTED :( I am so greatful but disapointed at the same time :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Dec. 12, 2009