Does the flu shot make you have flu symptoms?

CandyMama231

Asked by CandyMama231 at 3:26 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• This is from the CDC

Vaccine Side Effects (What to Expect)
    Different side effects can be associated with the flu shot and LAIV.

The flu shot: The viruses in the flu shot are killed (inactivated), so you cannot get the flu from a flu shot. Some minor side effects that could occur are:

•Soreness, redness, or swelling where the shot was given
    •Fever (low grade)
    •Aches
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 3:39 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• i heard they do, when i got my flu shot (when i was preg) i asked the same questions and said that the one i got didnt do that. so maybe some do and some dont. i would ask when you are getting it. also i didnt get sick when i got the flu shot
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 3:40 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I just got my shot today ever since then ive felt really weak and achy and just felt like BLAH!
    CandyMama231

Answer by CandyMama231 at 3:44 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• i believe soooo
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:49 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• When I was in nursing school our class of 17 all went to get the flu shot. Three people got sick from the shot, they had flu like symptoms for three to four days. Three or four others actually got the flu later on during flu season. I have refused to get that shot ever since. Plus the fact that I found out later that it has a very hig fail rate (it changes from year to year as the shot actually changes but a coupld years ago the fail rate was over 40%). So I refuse to get it when I am not pregnant and DEFINATELY refuse it while pregnant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:42 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• They dont/wont give you the flu but they also arent effective right away..I think it takes like 24-48 hrs before it will work . so you can still get the flu around the same time as the shot but it is not because of the shot.
    youlookin4me

Answer by youlookin4me at 6:39 PM on Sep. 23, 2009