Can a neutered male cat still have sex?

My male kitten hasn't shown any signs of interest yet. But my slightly older female cat has. We've decided to fix the male for now since it's cheaper and I'm not sure if we can fix the female. I hear you're not supposed to fix them during it. She's acting like she's in heat but not quite as bad as I've heard it is. So IDK. If she does get serious and persists before we fix her, will my male cat have sex with her? Or does neuter mean no babies AND no sex? Will he become angry with her needy-ness (he's a very sweet and loving cat)? Can they have sex after both of them have been fixed?

jus1jess

Asked by jus1jess at 3:29 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Pets

• They don't take out the penis just the testes...yes they can still have sex
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:31 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• They "can" still mate. But they will not bc the male will have no hormones and with no hormones no interest. Animals do not have sex for fun (except humans and dolphins) so if the hormones and instinct are taken away it will not mate with the female. The female will still go into heat, but they usually do not overly annoy a fixed male bc he no longer has the scent of a male so they do not want to mate with him. Just be careful with the female, when they are in heat they are much more likely to try and run out the door-to find a male.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:41 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Yes my cat still screwed any female in site after he was fixed he would even go after male cats and dogs. so horny it was ridiculous
    Crystal8327

Answer by Crystal8327 at 3:51 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• if shes in heat YOU WILL KNOW fer sure. i would fix him, its a bit easier on the males.... they dont necesarily have sex but they get very iffy about their junk after its done, iggy didnt have sex but he deffinately tried a couple times with this other cat, after he healed of course 

rozepyle

Answer by rozepyle at 6:07 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Gads! I don't know the answer to that question for sure but my best guess is that if a male is fixed,then he won't get the drive to even try to do it.
    From my experience,please,fix your female! I have just gone through he-double tooth picks w/my cats. They started getting pregnant and I could not even get a break between pregnancies to have them fixed. They get pg while just having had and nursing a current litter,it's madness. Once they get started it's really hard to stop. Best to you and your kitties.
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 7:04 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Yes, they can have sex. I adopted a male cat and he is THE horniest cat ever. He humps my female and one time I took him off and his little penis was out, I was like "oh!". Anyways he humps all the time and they even meow at each other like they are mating. They love each other tho.
    wendydeb7

Answer by wendydeb7 at 8:07 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• The are both fixed by the way.
    wendydeb7

Answer by wendydeb7 at 8:08 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• You can get a female fixed while she is in heat, no problem. They will also do a "kitty abortion" if she is pregnant already...
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 10:59 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• You can take this advice or not...but I'm telling you as someone in the veterinary field...It doesnt matter if she is an inside cat or not...When she truly goes into heat (which I doubt she is now cause you would KNOW) it's nearly impossible to keep her from getting pregnant. All the males within several miles will be at your door. I've seen cats climb through windows, sneak out doors, even try to claw through doors and walls to get to a female in heat. And YES you can fix them when theyre in heat. You can even get them fixed when theyre already pregnant!
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 8:12 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Not sure about cats- but my neutered dog gets busy with our non fixed female all the time LOL!!! he does everything except impregnate her..
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 5:38 PM on Oct. 4, 2009