possibly abused?(graphic)

I have been babysitting two boys- ages 2 and 4 for about two years. They are very difficult sometimes, mostly due to their overindulgent,soft mom and a bully father. She gives them love,sodas, and candy,and seems afraid to discipline them for anything- he pushes them and tosses them around and laughs at them when they get hurt or cry. If they get really violent or break things or can't be made to do something, mention their dad and they tend to stop. Friends and family have all tried to help these boys as much as they can, but they haven't changed much. I've spent most of my time with them trying to keep my now 14 mo old from being hit,knocked over, or slammed by a toy. Anyway, last week my sister kept them-when she was changung the 4yr old's clothes, he lay down on the bed,put his legs up and put his finger in his butt and rubbed his scrotum.Is it possible for a child this young to come up with this on his own?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:42 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• Thats a tough one, i may be urged to keep an eye on it, and call sooner or later. Thats a tough spot to be in, kids DO things of that nature but most of the time you have parents who would see it and stop it, they may have seen it and laughed. So the child finds it a way to entertain others. Or maybe hes been repeating things he sees. People still kill me when they assume kids are mindless and dont pay attention. They are sponges, and repeat EVERYTHING. Keep an eye out and i would say any more questionable behavior, make a phone call.
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 3:53 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Maybe? But the kids definitely need help.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 3:44 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• he lay down on the bed,put his legs up and put his finger in his butt and rubbed his scrotum

OMG!!! That is NOT normal! That makes me want to cry :( Call CPS!!!!
    Bmanda352

Answer by Bmanda352 at 3:44 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Maybe a red flag, hard to say but they should have been taught not to stick their fingers in that place. Good Gawd, what is wrong with parents today?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:45 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Well, my one year old is always trying to grab at her girly parts during diaper changes, but she is still discovering her body, but I would think a four year old should know better. Maybe he saw one of his parents porn movies or something. I don't know, but it definitely doesn't sound right.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:50 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Please report them if they find nothing then at least you tried but can you imagine if they are being sexually abused it needs to be stopped and ASAP GL that is soooo sad
    mommymandaleigh

Answer by mommymandaleigh at 3:51 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I agree to report it. CPS or OCS what ever it is in your area won't tell them who reported it. But this is not a good life for these kids. Mom is probly so soft cause she feels sorry for them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:55 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• ya red flag red flag.....i agree dont acuse the parents unless you know for sure.keep and eye out..there will be more signs....weird but my daughter was having troubles and i know they thought it was abuse.(it wasnt)but i noticed what they were checking for was penetration.i think they were looking to see if her bumb was sore.....
    nana77500

Answer by nana77500 at 4:11 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• OP :: i love these kids and their mom. i wouldnt want her to lose them because she clearly loves them more than anything. there have been similar,less drastic incidences that could be just curiosity, but i can't help but wonder if he saw something innappropriate.i don't want to cause any problems or lose a friend.i guess i'll just see if any other odd behavior comes up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:14 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I think it's normal. Kids eventually realize that there are sensitive feelings down there, & some boys figure this out before others do. My EX mother in law told me that she once caught her son masterbating in the tub when he was only 2 1/2 years old. She thought the baby sitter was molesting him, she later found out from her DR. that MOST kids, some earlier than others, eventually learn that things "feel different" down there. And boys tend to like it quite a bit. Did you tell the mom? I think there are some over reactions going on.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:35 PM on Sep. 23, 2009