What do you feed your toddlers?

What do you feed your toddlers for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks? I feel like I'm in a rut and feeding them the same things: hot dogs, macaroni & cheese, grilled cheese, chicken nuggets...they are not big on fruits and veggies although I try to introduce them..they wind up on the floor. I need some new ideas!!

Asked by 2coolmama at 9:57 PM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My DS is 22mo and he eats whatever were eating. it we have eggs for breakfast thats what he has, if we have beef stew for dinner thats what he has. and for the vegies i keep a frozen bag of them in the frezer and i make a cheese sause for them. (1-2 slices of american cheese with alittle water to thin it out.)he loves it.

Answer by cokalea at 10:07 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• breakfast- pancakes, eggs, and french toast with pebbles cereal( is kaylee's favorite!)
    lunch- turkey wraps, subs
    snacks- fruit fruit fruit!
    super- pizza (any kind)

just some ideas...if you need anything else just write!

Answer by sheismylife607 at 10:07 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Toaster waffles, toasted bagels, toast, oatmeal, applesauce, dry cereal... pierogies, fish sticks, PB&J, cut up fruits & veggies, pasta, meatloaf,... My son would NOT eat veggies, but we started cutting them up differently. For example, he would NOT touch carrot sticks, but I bought carrot "chips" and he LOVES them!

Answer by crazysocks830 at 11:42 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Breakfast is usually homemade egg mcmuffins, lunch is grilled tuna sandwiches or leftovers, dinner is anything from tacos to black bean soup with rice. For snacks I keep whole wheat crackers and the occasional sweet around. You might try one of those cookbooks that tell you how to hide fruits and veggies in their favorite dishes...I know the Sneaky Chef is one, Deceptively Delicious is another, and there are more. Check Amazon

Answer by KeevaKay at 12:28 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Why not go healthy and try to make it fun? For example, you can throw a couple of bananas into the blender with a scoop of ice cream. For vegetables, it is amazing what my kids will eat if I cut it into a different shape! Don't give up on the veggies thing--there have been studies that suggest that children become more likely to try a food as the number of times they are exposed to it increases.

Answer by musicmom77 at 12:50 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Cook them the same things you would want to eat....What about grilled chicken?? Why do parents feed their kids so much crap?? Chicken nuggets?? macaroni and cheese...Cook them some food!!!

Answer by Anonymous at 7:43 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• My original reply was too long to post, so I'll PM it to you! 

Here is an example of what we (me and my son) ate yesterday:

Breakfast : Waffles and eggs. My son also ate a little bit of yogurt with strawberries because he was still hungry.

Lunch : Leftovers from the night before which was chicken cooked in spices (chili powder, hot sauce, paprika and a little onion powder) and yellow rice.

Dinner : (we went out with the in-laws) Fish and french fries.  He also ate some of my steak and bites of his father's macademia crusted fish.

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 8:18 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• My sons favorites are

breakfast- yogurt, strawberries and cream oatmeal, toaster waffles, toast, or these new toaster muffun tops blueberry flavored (HE LOVESSSSS THOSE )

lunch- either i make tuna and make little groups of it with mayo on this plate so he can pick it up easily, ham slices, chicken nuggets

dinner- whatever we eat he usually wants to eat from chicken cooked in various seasonings ( he loves sweet and sour chicken which is basically just ketchup and brown sugar) he likes pork chops but they have to be more on the burnt side and i call it chicken haha, and with vegetables he actually loves them but i would try also getting that cookbook i have one and they help alot it shows you how to add like sweet potato baby food to the easiest foods and they won't even be able to taste it.. definitly try different shapes and differnt times of the day and most importantly eat them with your children and make the yummy sound affects mmmm thes

Answer by ConnorsMom2006 at 8:53 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• My 14 mo. old eats whatever we are eating, I try to make sure he gets a fruit and/or a veggie every meal. I've been trying to make healthy things for hubby and I since DS will be eating it as well.

Answer by azmom1982 at 10:10 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• for breakfast my 19mth has a bananna , then a bowl of cereal either cherrios, tricks, ok (any general mills basically) or yogurt parfaits which include vanilla yogurt, granola the sunbelt stuff pb toast, and cut up fruit
    SNACK: whole wheat crackers, graham crackers, dried fruit, veggie crackers
    LUNCH: mac n cheese, turkey dogs, nuggets, fish stix, tuna, wheat bread, spaghettios, cubed ham, and VEGGIES
    DINNER: usually what we have steak, hamburger, casseroles,brats,sausage; VEGGIES with lunch and din.

Answer by kristiH at 9:34 PM on Jun. 28, 2008