Stay at home mom need ideas for income...

Ladies, I'm looking for some ideas. I'm a stay at home mother, looking to create income for my family. I don't want to sell anything, as I'm not comfortable in that field.

I'm good at hair styling, typing, coordinating events, and computer research, to name a few.

What can I do while at home, in these fields or what would you suggest? I'm simply looking to make $500 monthly. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:01 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Money & Work

• You could try to do hair styling for free on some people and see if they like what you can do, and if they would pay you from then on, and then refer others. That is how you can get a business started. I am also good at typing but really there is not much you can do unless you have the money for start up fees and find a credible work at home business. This site will be flooding you in about 2.5 seconds with many people who are going to tell you to join their work at home business and you will find it tempting but I have checked into many of the ones that have been pushed at me on this site.
    CurvyMommato1

Answer by CurvyMommato1 at 4:04 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• And they are all scamming. That is how they make their money by getting people like you who are in need of a WAHJ so they make money off of you working at home. Fair huh? lol
    CurvyMommato1

Answer by CurvyMommato1 at 4:05 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I would suggest selling on ebay. I don't know about you but I have a ton of things around my house that we do not need or ever use, and clothes we never wear or the kids are outgrowing constantly. You would be surprised how much people pay for these things. You could also go to yard sales or consignment shops and get things for dirt cheap and sell them on ebay. I agree with CurvyMommato1 about the work at home businesses, at least you know ebay is a legitimate and reputable site.
    mum231332

Answer by mum231332 at 4:11 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• ebay is a great idea i use to do it on the side and made a few hundred extra a month also try selling on craigslist it's free
    toledoohiomom

Answer by toledoohiomom at 4:20 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Selling isn't for me either. That's why I love what I do! I am a stay at home Mom to a 2 year old and 6 month old. I work with a great team of Moms; we help people create income from home. No parties, No inventory, No MLM! WEEKLY PAY! FREE website, training, and UNLIMITED support!! Just A SAFE, SIMPLE, SENSIBLE, and SOLID ... NO-RISK HOME BUSINESS. The best part is I can make money and be with my Family!!!
    You can have the best of both worlds too.
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!
    Erika
    Proud Member of Internet Ceo Moms!
    Check out my website
    http://www.4MyFamilyandMe.com/

mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 4:32 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I am a stay at home mom to my now 2 year old son. I joined Internet CEO Moms a while ago and I have to say it's the most positive experience! I work with an amazing group of moms who are very dedicated in helping other moms work from home and becoming financially independant. The training is free and the support is unlimited!! No selling, parties, or inventory. It is a very fun and flexible business and I love the fact that I can work when I want and most importantly, be there with my son through all his milestones.

Check out Erika's website http://www.4MyFamilyandMe.com/.

Erika would be happy to give you more information and introduce you to the business!

Alyssa Maliska

Proud Member of CEO Moms
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 4:43 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• There are lots of options on my site. www.SabrinasCloset.info Including research and things of that nature. Good Luck!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:00 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• m-avi

I have created a series of work at home articles on eHow.  They contain excellent resources, ideas and information.  Also, I have a Blog about computer jobs sorted into those that pay via Paypal and those that pay utilizing other means.  You can check them all out at my website:

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:02 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• How many people do you know uses electricity?
    Of those people, how many would like to save some money on their bill?
    How would you like to get a check month after month after month for a work that you've done one time?

http://www.raelen.whyambitworks.com

Please let me know if I can further help you...God bless!
    raelen06

Answer by raelen06 at 5:51 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• U.S Career Institute has some inexpensive courses that may help. You can complete the whole course at home at your own time!
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 6:01 PM on Sep. 23, 2009