If I have a UTI while pregnant will it hurt my baby???

I went to the Doctor on sept 1st. I just got a call not even 5 minutes ago from the Docs office saying they just got the results back that I did have one. Why it took so long to get the test back I dont know? Will going almost a whole month untreated hurt my baby? They just sent over my meds to the pharmacy so I can pick them up later today. Will my baby be okay????????/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Why wouldn't your baby be OK?
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 4:31 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I have always had them, more so while pregnant. It shouldnt affect your baby per say. But, it can and eventually will spread to your kidneys, bladder, and so on. It put me in preterm labor many times. I had to spend hours hoocked up to an iv on several occassions. So, rush over and get those meds. Next, time you go ask them why they dont do a strip test. Thats when you pee in a cup and they put a little test strip in there and if you have one it should turn pink.

Good Luck
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 4:37 PM on Sep. 23, 2009