yeast infection

What can you do about a yeast infection while pregnant? Can it be harmful to the baby in any way? It feels rather mild and isn't constant. I'm asking here because I haven't found a doctor yet to ask and apparently the pharmacist isn't allowed to tell you stuff dealing with pregnancy anymore? I generally call them about meds and the last time I did they said it was no longer allowed for them to tell me that. Maybe I could call one in another state...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:29 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You can not use the perscription pill but it is safe to use the 1,3,7 day monitat insert.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:31 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• My doc said they are common, and he did prescribe me something, i dont remember the name of it, that was over a year ago...might wanna try calling your local health department or calling the Labor and Delivery nurses at your local hospital.
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 4:33 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• You should probably be seen. I've never had one, knock on wood but I have a co-worker who did her whole pregnancy and her DH is an ob and he was very concerned. But, she had one and couldnt get rid of it no matter what her Dr. did. Call a Dr. and be seen especially since your pregnant.

Good Luck
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 4:34 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I went in 2 weeks ago telling my doc I thought I had a yeast infection (I was 21 weeks prego) and he did a culture, looked at it under a microscope and said there was no bacteria. Well... I was still itching so I sent him an email on Friday and he responded today and said that itching and discharge is normal during pregnany so I scheduled an appt with a different doc, went in, had a culture and guess what? It was positive for yeast! Damn doc could have put me out of my misery 2 weeks ago!!

The OB said to take the 7 day monistat because the 1 and 3 day is too potent during pregnancy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:39 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• OP here-- I do have an appointment with the Heath Department for Friday anyway since that was the fastest way to get my official pregnancy test so I can find out about the slightly not as broke version of medicaid since I am uninsured... and when it's positive they generally let you ask questions with the nurse and doctors. Hopefully this is soon enough since that is the earliest they could get me in, and the doctors were even longer. I may try my regular pharmacist though... he might remember me and cut me some slack. It's not like I'd report him for telling me what I can take if he KNOWS it's safe.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:43 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• i was told to do monostat and beleive me that isnt something u want to try if u are sensitive like me i had to have the prescribed pill
    MyPrincesses421

Answer by MyPrincesses421 at 12:45 AM on Sep. 24, 2009