Virus comes from shots?

Well, after starting my son in daycare he got the usual colds and such so we prolonged his 6 month shots until everything was all clear. Well he is 9 months now, and got his shots last week exactly. Well come friday night he starts having severe diarrhea and projectile vomiting, the vomiting only lasted that night, but it was a crazy thing to witness, but it has now been 5 days and the diarrhea continues. His diaper rash has cleared up and his appetite is ok, but im worried. I call the nurses and they say give it two more days a virus may take 7 days. besides pedialyte what else can i do for my baby??....Doc is convinced its not "from" the shots......

sweetstkissez22

Asked by sweetstkissez22 at 4:31 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Chances are they aren't from the shots.. With him being in daycare he is going to be in contact with so many germs and will probably catch everything the first few months.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 4:34 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• So...it's been a week then?

I would see another Dr.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 4:35 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• First off. You are going to end up with tons of bash posts here... However, you are very right. Vaccines usually cause much more harm than good. You need to check out the "Chooseing Not To Vaccinate Group" There you will get the support and the FACTS about the vaccines! Check out my Profile too, there is some information there.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:37 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• BUMBLEBEESTING, its been 5 days, the call nurses said that viruses run 5-7 days to try to wait til the seventh, but to call his reg. doc to schedule an appointment if his diaper rash got bad, the rash cleared up though, and hes other wise happy
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 4:40 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• You put your child in group day care expecting him to get "the usual colds" before he was six months. Now at 9 months he is very ill, probably from a virus.

Infants don't have "usual colds." If he has been sick so often it is a sign he shouldn't be in group care or something is wrong with his immune system, or both. Kids with primary immune deficiencies can have reactions to immunizations that normal kids don't. You can find out more by going to google and searching for the 10 warning signs of primary immune deficiencies.

If your child is breastfed then you don't have to worry too much about nutrition and hydration.

GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 4:44 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Choosing Not to Vaccinate

There's the link!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:50 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• It is probably a virus and they really can last that long. Vaccines CAN cause illnesses, but unless you have a shady doctor (and I am assuming that you trust your doc) then I would believe them when they say that it isnt cause by the vaccine. It is rare for that to happen and since your son is in daycare chances are that they is where it came from. You can call the daycare and see if anyone else is sick. I hope that he feels better soon!
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 4:57 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• It is a virus and it's not from the vaccines. Vaccines don't make a kid sick with a viral infection! The viruses in the vaccines are DEAD and even if they weren't, he would have caught the disease for which the vaccine was given!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:01 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• It sounds like a virus probably from daycare. We had a virus in January that lasted two solid weeks. If he were sick from the vaccinations, it would be for whatever he was vaccinated against.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:13 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Not all vaccines are dead, in fact some list a side effect as getting a slight case of the disease they are for. The vaccine didn't give him the virus, but it may have weakened his immune system at the time he was exposed to the virus enough for him to get it instead of fighting it off with no problem. As for what to do my kids went through this not long ago and it did take about 7 days for my partially vaccinated and non breastfeeding child to get over it. My youngest has had no vaccines and is still nursing at 2 years old and it took her only about 4 days to get over. I simply gave pedialyte and when they could eat again I followed the BRATTY diet (bananas, rice, applesauce, toast, tea, yogurt). I gave lots of probiotics and made sure they drank lots of water or nursed often.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:12 PM on Sep. 23, 2009