If I have a UTI while pregnant will it hurt my baby?????

I went to the Doctor on sept 1st. I just got a call not even 5 minutes ago from the Docs office saying they just got the results back that I did have one. Why it took so long to get the test back I dont know? Will going almost a whole month untreated hurt my baby? They just sent over my meds to the pharmacy so I can pick them up later today. Will my baby be okay????????/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:31 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Health

• Why did you not ask the doctor when they told you about this?

I am very prone to them, but I did not have any complications during my pregnancy. My cousin, on the other hand, went into labor three months early because of one. However, hers had gone untreated and had contaminated the uterus (the child is doing fine)....and she has not been nice to her body in the past.
    EternalChild86

Answer by EternalChild86 at 5:10 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• The nurse said she was faxing over my prescription so I was okay with that. Then when I got off the phone I was like wait a minute that was a long time ago! will he be okay? yadda yadda... I didnt think about it til after. Ive never been bad to my body. Never done drugs or anything...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:49 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• It shouldn't hurt the baby but it can cause preterm labor in some women and taking antibiotics right before labor can cause thrush after the baby comes. Make sure you eat lots of yogurt or take probiotic pills!
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 6:50 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• i had one, they gave me medication, it went away now my son is a healthy and happy little boy. Drinks lots of water, and call your doctor and ask him/her any questions. i know it can be nerve racking. gl
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 PM on Sep. 23, 2009