Would you fly with your LO in a month with all the worries about swine flu??

She's too young for the flu shot and I'm not even sure I want to give her one. I want to take a trip but I'm scared she's going to get sick...would you take your baby on a place right now if it wasn't necessary? Am I just being paranoid??

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 4:33 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If it wasn't necessary? Nope I wouldn't.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 4:34 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I am having this same debate at the moment...but I think I still would.
    lesjoiesdemaman

Answer by lesjoiesdemaman at 4:35 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• If she were breastfed I would.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 4:35 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Don't even start with the whole breastfed hoop-lah..
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 4:46 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• i wouldnt at first i wasnt worried about swine flu, but since then 4 ppl who wok with my husband caught it they all had came from out of town (not sure if it was by plane) a six yr old died last week. so i definately wouldnt go.
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 4:48 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Paranoid.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:58 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• People can throw the word paranoid around, don't let it bother you. There are children in my state dying from swine flu. One died last week or the week before. If it's not necessary don't travel. It's too bad more people didn't follow that piece of logic sooner.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 5:02 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I would not. I am so worried about this flu season. I dont find it paranoid when ppl are dying. Sure they say its not any worse than the regular flu, but I would be worried about that too if swine flu wasn't an issue. People do not know how to contain their sickness when they are. They go about sneezing and coughing like fools and that is how others get it. You think someone going on a trip is going to stay home bc he feels a little sick? Not a chance.
    CurvyMommato1

Answer by CurvyMommato1 at 5:06 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I would and I am. For thanksgiving and again for Christmas.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 5:41 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Im going on a trip for thanksgiving with my 8 month old and i too am concerned about him getting sick! Im still going on the trip but im going to take percautions! Dont let people you dont know be all up on your child and make sure you wash yours and the babies hands frequently! I understand that the air in the planes are recycled but think about it you can pick the flu up from anywhere so im not going to worry about it to much!
    bittersweetqt

Answer by bittersweetqt at 6:21 PM on Sep. 23, 2009