Aversion to Water?!?

With my last pregnancy for some reason... the taste (or...non taste?) of water made me sick. This pregnancy is just getting started and the morning sickness hasn't quite set in yet. However, I do feel a little queasy after eating now, after my vitamin and now drinking my water is making me feel sick too off and on. This is how it started last time.. a gradual "ugh" feeling when eating or drinking followed by four months of violent puking. Anywho, if water makes me sick again... what do I drink? Juices and milk will hydrate me, but if I drink nothing but those all day I'll wind up loaded down with sugar, fat, and extra weight which also isn't healthy. I avoid artificial sweetners so those "water to go" things are out (unless someone knows of an organic or slightly healthier version!). And sodas are a no go for obvious reasons. Is there any other way to mask the "flavor" of water so I can drink it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:34 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Have you tried unsweetened iced tea? Try it, or many of the herbal (non- caffiene) teas, unsweetened or use a little stevia, which is not an artificial sweetener but a natural herbal sweetener.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 4:54 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• You could always put some fresh-squeezed lemon in it. If that's not appealing, you could try your local health-food store. There's also Emergen-C, which you couldn't drink with every glass, but I take 2 packages to boost my vitamin intake and electrolytes. There are several flavors to choose from.
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 5:12 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• gatoraid
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:48 PM on Sep. 23, 2009