Has anyone gone through this phase?

I am going through a phase of just not wanted to do a thing. I take care of my son make sure that he has what he needs, but other than that I don't care what happens. My house is a mess and I don't care...I know I should...but something inside is just not budging and it's more than laziness, but I can't explain what it is. Has anyone else ever felt this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Home & Garden

• No not really I have three kids and my house is clean and organized.Sometimes I feel like not cleaning but then the feeling goes away after a moment.I do not like a dirty house.It would just drive me crazy.
    monica-alvarez

Answer by monica-alvarez at 8:45 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I feel this way EVERY SINGLE DAY!! Sounds maybe like some depression, have you talked to your doctor? I was diagnosed a while ago with Severe Clinical Post Partum Depression, and while my meds have worked, I think there needs to be something else. I just started therapy, so we will see if that helps.....Hang in there mom!
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 9:51 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I agree, that sounds like blantant symptoms of depression. talk to your doc sweetie.
    6under1roof

Answer by 6under1roof at 12:43 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• If you're not depressed, but just don't want to do anything, you may be suffering from an extreme case of the drag ass. That's how I get. I'm not depressed, I just don't give a crap about the house right now. Every couple weeks I'll look around & flip out over the house, clutter here, or laundry not folded there, the hall closet being used as a catch-all, then I'll start to clean. I usually get one thing done & say screw it, I just don't care that much. I've been like this since the baby was born. She's going to be 1 in 2 weeks & I still haven't gotten off my butt. Oh well. When the kids grow up & move away my house will be clean again! LOL
    carlye828

Answer by carlye828 at 12:57 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• I am so the same way. I get overwhelmed sometimes and just don't know where to start. I think maybe if it's bothering you so bad you should get some help and see if you are depressed, or maybe chemically/hormonally imbalanced? I think it very well could be a phase, but it could also get worse so just make sure to nurture yourself and give yourself lots of love. good luck to you.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 3:13 PM on Oct. 1, 2009