Working my abs during pregnancy

Just kidding, but I thought the title would draw more readers. Sorry bout that. I'm five weeks pregnant and paranoid about miscarriage. The mild cramping has been getting better gradually, but today I have this weird feeling around my hips and along my upper stomach and sides. It's that feeling you get when you've just done crunches or sit ups... sore muscles when you move and just general fatigue. I did not do any of these being that I'm pregnant and prefer to stay that way... but I'm slightly afraid I strained these muscles unknowingly. If I did... would this be harmful? Or can round ligament/stretching pains start this soon? It's my second pregnancy... so maybe they are still tired from the first one. hehe.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:38 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Maybe it's just the stretching of your uterus or growing.
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 4:42 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• prob. just ligament and muscle stretching. Its hard not to be paranoid though. At 5 weeks the baby is so tiny, that I don't think doing sit ups would harm it too much (the uterus is very low in the pelvis- not under all stomach muscles). Try not to worry too mucy- Congratulations!!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 6:43 PM on Sep. 23, 2009