What do you think about this quote?

“Each of us is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.” Daniel Patrick Moynihan (1927-2003)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:42 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Its true. there are opinions, beliefs and proven fact.
    You can belive whatever you want...but that will not change what is proven.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 4:46 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• ?
    Ministerswife

Answer by Ministerswife at 4:43 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• mmm?

there are some people that are giving false facts about the Catholic religion so I say yea
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:49 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• its true :)
    necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 5:11 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Anon 4:49, yeah, I think it's pretty fitting for today.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:18 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I feel like I am missing a lot of what has been going on lately. But I do want to say that I love my Catholic brothers and sisters. I believe we are all part of God's family. I don't necessarily agree with all their beliefs 100% -- but I do agree when it comes to the important stuff.

. . . and if I do have the idea that they believe something, that they don't believe I want to know. I want to have that discussion so I know what they DO believe. But if I do know what they believe and I don't agree, that doesn't mean that I am anti-Catholic.

Does that make sense. I just wanted to say that, because I know that some people have been relentlessly attacking their beliefs-- that is not me!!! But I do like to discuss it.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 7:15 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Cinnamon, yes that makes sense, and I don't think anybody would label you as anti-Catholic even if you did disagree because I know from reading your reposes before that you wouldn't do it in a hateful way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:36 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• but if I really really believe that the color red is called blue, isn't it a fact for me? even if it is a false fact?
    dayziesnrozes

Answer by dayziesnrozes at 1:03 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I can tell you that the Invisible Pink Unicorn exists. That would be my opinion, but it cannot be backed up by any truth. Like Yahweh, no matter how hard you believe, no matter how often you repeat something over and over, no matter how great a number of people accept your opinion as truth, it DOESN'T make it a FACT! Christians cannot change the fact that proof for the truth of evolution is buried inside the earth itself and written in the histories of its people. The existence of ANY god, even the IPU, cannot be made a fact, because it cannot be proven in any way. Truth stand by itself, needing no support from us. It just is. Opinions, like other fantasies, blow away in the wind if they are not constantly and repeatedly asserted.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 1:04 PM on Sep. 24, 2009