2cm Dilated and 50% Effaced!?

I am 33w and 1day along...I went to the doc today and im 2cm 50% effaced...From what i understand that is about the norm for 38 weeks gestation. Does that mean that the lil princess will make an appearance alot sooner??? I have been having Braxton Hicks contractions daily and even last night i had some contractions that quite frankly scared the poodles out of me because my tummy not only got insanely tight but it dropped so low my hubby even flipped...this is my 3rd baby but my 2nd was a csection so I feel like im so out of the loop!!! Any advice or ideas???????

snugglebunnie92

Asked by snugglebunnie92 at 4:42 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Nope.. I wouldnt be preparing for the birth anytime soon. I was 2cm and 50% effaced at 31 weeks and didnt have my DD til I was induced at 38 weeks (by then I was 5cm)
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 4:45 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• my guess would be that you wouldn't go too far past your due date, but you never know, you could still go to 42 weeks
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 4:49 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• i was 4cm and 50 % effaced at28 wks with my dd and she was born at 38 wks. go get check out but for now relax.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 7:13 PM on Sep. 23, 2009