Can you really grow as a Christian if you are telling others they are wrong?

does your salvation depend on proving others wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:43 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Wrong about what? Their religion?
    Ministerswife

Answer by Ministerswife at 4:44 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Mine does not. I personally wonder how you can properly live and grow in your own faith if you spend SO much time concentrating on and pointing out where you think others are wrong.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:45 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Well I'm not a Christian but I don't think anyone can grow "spiritually" if they are shouting at others they are "wrong".
    One's salvation should be dependent on their beliefs and relationship with their deity or beliefs, not on trying to prove how another person's path is "wrong"
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 4:46 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• No salvation simply means that you accept Jesus Christ as your savior. There is no need to prove anyone wrong. You should simply lead by example in a Christlike way. You can respect someone else's religion while also showing them how to live without saying a word about them being wrong.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 4:47 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Well said Kristi. It goes way beyond faith and religion...we can't grow and learn in general.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 4:48 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• No my salvation does not depend on anything but Jesus Christ.
    We are not to be born again just to prove others wrong... thats what the pharisees tried to do.. they didnt know Jesus but was always trying to prove Him wrong and look at what happened.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 6:25 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• "There is no need to prove anyone wrong. You should simply lead by example in a Christlike way. You can respect someone else's religion while also showing them how to live without saying a word about them being wrong."

THIS.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 7:15 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I have no problem with an open and honest discussion, or a respectable disagreement! But some of the people here are so busy digging up dirt on other people's beliefs systems that I have no clue how they have any time left to grow in the Lord on their own.

Even if I am not coming here to start drama, I still need to manage my time so that I can keep my Bible studies and my devotional life the priority!!!
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 7:50 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• You can't really grow and be sincere about your relationship with Christ if you are constantly attempting to put others down and prove their weaknesses. The better thing for all people would do would be to focus on themselves and not on the others that haven't found the "right" path as of yet. *I'm only saying that as in the "right" path for yourself, not that my path is the correct one**
    dayziesnrozes

Answer by dayziesnrozes at 1:02 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• You are supposed to lead by example, but if you the kind of relationship with someone that you can express that based on your beliefs, a certain action they are doing is sinful and they should consider changing it, then do so. Also, you are not supposed to tolerate in amongst fellow believers, "brothers and sisters"--I mean, if they are committing a sin, you are obligated to point it out to them in a respectful way. of course, no one is perfect, but you can't beat a dead dog. Say something once if the relationship is there, and then they need to decide for themselves if they want to repent/change their behavior. Then, all you can do is pray for them.

Where I used to live there was a man who stood with a HUGE cross downtown and would yell, "You are going to hell. Repent Repent!" to anyone he felt was a sinner. I think that would scare more people than bring them to God.

BASICALLY don't judge others, lest you be judged.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 11:03 AM on Sep. 24, 2009