Anyone notice late in there pregnancy that they were having vision problems or seeing blotches?

I'm 39 weeks and sit in front of a computer screen all day. I've never had this problem before. I have noticed it for the last few days. I do not have high blood pressure either.

moviemom22

Asked by moviemom22 at 4:53 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have!  I don't know what causes it but I read on www.babycenter.com that it's totally normal.  If I were you, I'd still have it checked out to be on the safe side!

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 4:54 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• YES! It got so bad sometimes I couldn't see anything else. Look up optical migraines and see if it fits for you too. Mine went away after I had my DD but at the time NONE of my doctors had any clue or advice as to what it was.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 4:56 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• YES! I'm only 14 weeks and have this same problem...
    Amy75972

Answer by Amy75972 at 5:33 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Yes I thought I was crazy at first thinking my eyes were going bad I know your teeth suffer in pregancies but I wasnt sure if your eyes did too. Glad I am not crazy and others have had it too.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 5:34 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• My eyesight suffers every time I'm pregnant, but it always goes back to normal after the birth. I tend to get farsighted.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:49 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• yup! i had blurry vision before being pregnant an now its just worse! haha im not sure if i need to get my eyes re-checked or if its really due to pregnancy haha i guess ill just have to wait an see :)
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 11:05 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• yes i did and some of it was normal but if it only started in late pregnancy i would get it checked out. mine, it turned out was from elevated liver enzymes de to late pregnancy pre-eclampsia. just talk to the doctor about it.
    treystiredmommy

Answer by treystiredmommy at 11:25 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• O Yea.
    momluvsmatt

Answer by momluvsmatt at 12:12 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Yup, it's from all the hormones, they can make your eyes do funny things. I thought at first it was my vision changing but that was just after I had found out I was pregnant and had had my eyes checked 2 months before hand! Pregnancy effects every part of your body, from head to toes, so it's a very common thing. I know most eye doctors won't change your prescription while you're pregnant because of the changes they go through.
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 6:19 AM on Sep. 24, 2009