Is it cheating?

I've seen alot of moms on here say that even if a couple is seperated, it's still cheating if they're dating until the divorce is final. I dont believe that. I think if a couple is seperate, and considerable time has passed, it's fine for them to date. If they are seperated, its obvious the marriage is over unless they get back together, and a divorce could take years.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:03 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• I agree with you.

Answer by older at 5:05 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I agree. Sometimes it takes dateing to realize that u really want to be with that person. Maybe you just think you want something else and thats not it at all so you find another way to fix it.
    Nikky0803PAG

Answer by Nikky0803PAG at 5:05 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I think it depends on the couple. If there is NO hope what so ever of them getting back together, then no its not necessarily cheating, especially if they are both dating. Now, if there is a chance of the marriage being reconciled and/or there isn't an understand between the two about dating, then yes it is "cheating".

abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 5:05 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• no its not cheating as long as you make it clear to one another that you are seeing other people.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 5:09 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• No it's not cheating imo.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:19 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I'll be the devil's advocate and say it's cheating. It doesn't matter if the marriage is over for them, if the divorce is not final the marriage is not over. Not to mention there is no chance to heal from the failed marriage. And if the marriage really is over and they each want to go their own way, why would the divorce take years?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:31 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• The divorce could take years for many reasons....money being a big factor, especially now. My mom and step-dad went through divorces that lasted for a few years. Her ex husband and his ex wife were a couple(still are) and did everything thing could to make them miserable and drag it out as long as possible. I was too young to know all the details about the divorces.

This is OP, btw.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:35 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I agree with you. It's not cheating. Legally, the marriage still exists, but emotionally (and I believe with God as well), once the marriage is broken, it's broken.

Divorces can take years even if you don't have any assets. A good friend of mine lives in Maryland. It took her a year to get up the courage to leave, she had to wait a year after you separate to file and she has to wait up to another year to actually be divorced. Even after separation, that's 2 years after she left him. And they don't have any assets or have children.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 5:57 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• So to those who say it is cheating my ex was cheating on his wife with me. He filed for divorce, but she refused to sign the papers and he didn't have the money to take her to court to make it final without her signature. When I started dating him it had been 4 years since he filed for divorce and we were together for 3 years.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:44 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Technically and morally it is adultry. However, I seperated from my now exh and was dating well before the divorce was final. It took years!

Do what's best for you. In todays world thats all that matters.
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 7:47 PM on Sep. 23, 2009