Am I the only one with a man who ...

never says
"I Love You"
and is only out for himself when it comes to sex or any type of affection

I am tired of not feeling loved

Is there any other woman in the world that feels like I do??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:04 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• I'm with you on this but the thing is if no one taught him to express himself like we need then he has no clue what we are talking about. He can only give what he knows. My SO says that if he's with me I should assume he wants to be here and that I should interpret that as whatever I want it to be. LOL men are so stupid when it comes to feelings and intimacy. Yes I would like to hear sweet words but that's not him so it won't happen. He's hard core military and sees touchy feely stuff as weak so he won't say stuff he thinks shows weakness. My SO is the most selfish man when it comes to sex but I keep telling him to be fair and he throws me a bone! lol It's a doggone good thing for him that I think he rocks in general!

Answer by admckenzie at 5:17 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Selfish men... people for that matter are not unusual. However, you teach people how to treat you so don't accept it as status quo! Stand up for yourself and demand more - you deserve love as we all do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:06 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• question asker here

how do you teach people how to treat you if what is missing is love

you can not make another person love you

?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:10 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• How do you know he doesn't love you? There are more ways to show love other than saying "I love you". Anyway..if you were to talk to him about how you feel, do you think he would want to make you feel more loved? some men are dense in this area. You've got to spell it out for them.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 5:15 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• No one can force another to love them, but they can choose to go find someone else who will.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:15 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• You teach people how to treat you by not putting up with it, in your case if love is missing you leave. The leaving shows him if he doesn't show love, affection, etc. you will not stand by him. If they put you down and you just sit there that is how you are teaching them to treat you (meaning you are allowing them to continue). If you say I love you and getting nothing back, say something, say what you mean and follow through. Ex... you don't show me love or say I love you, I will no longer lay down with you in a loving way, cook meals, clean, care for you if you cant learn to treat and appreciate me.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:16 PM on Sep. 23, 2009