Would I be a better Mom if...

I stay in this relationship were I am not loved
or
leave and have no father for my daughter

he is not abusive, just not a committed, loving and giving partner with me

he is a good dad to our child

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:08 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• I think as long as you stay on friendly terms with one another as far as the rearing of your daughter goes, then you'll be good to get separated. It's not fair to spend your life in a loveless marriage.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 5:10 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• What most people don't realize is that the father is of greater importance in the life of a child than is the mother. Children get their sense of self from their daddies. The more interested he is in them and in their activities, the better they do in school and the more successful they become later in life. This is the man that you chose to be that person in the life of your child. Your child did not get to have a say in who you picked to be the dad. You can move from relationship to relationship, but this is the only dad your child will ever have. I just hope that you will take all this into consideration before removing his influence from the life of your child. Marriages can be worked on and improved. A child's life, once shattered, can never be put back together again in its original design.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:34 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Just because you leave doesn't mean your child won't still have her father. I do not believe in staying in a relationship where you are not loved. Your DD will eventually pick up on that by the way he treats you and you interact. Before you consider the "D-word" I would encourage you to talk to your DH and tell him you would like to get counselling. Do everything possible to rekindle that spark and to revive the relationship. Marriage isn't easy, it is hard work. You might just be experiencing a low for now. Divorce is final, give it some serious time and effort on both of your parts. Pray to God for guidance and to bring back the love in your life. Give your names to your church to be included in their corporate prayer time. If God can bring back Jesus from the dead He can certainly revive your relationship but He won't do anything against your will. You both have to want to and try.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 5:58 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• She will always have a father whether you stay or go

Answer by admckenzie at 6:02 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• You deserve love no matter what. If it's not there it's just not there. Nothing you can do about it. Also, love your child enough to show her what love is. Even if it's just you and her at home. make dad a huge part of her life, as much as possible. But, you should all be happy in the end, together or not!
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 7:44 PM on Sep. 23, 2009