I am 3 centimeters 25% effaced and -2 station and am loosing my mucus plug now what should I do go in to L& D or wait it out this is my 5 th pregnancy

carrier09

Asked by carrier09 at 5:11 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Wait it out unless you have regular contractions. If your water breaks, call them. I lost my mucous plug almost 2 weeks before my son was born, so it's a sign, but not an urgent one. The same with the other symptoms. I was also 3cm and 70% for those same 2 weeks. Relax and enjoy. Indulge in your nesting urges, but don't do too much. When contractions are consistent (they start and stop at regular intervals without quitting for the day) then start timing them. When they're around 10-15 mins apart, pack the bags into the car, grab the carseat and make sure your sitter is there or on the way. That's what I would do anyway, but I didn't have an epidural. Call L&D and ask them when to come in if you're worried.
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 5:16 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• how fast do you deliver?i have been about 6 cent. both times that i got to the hospital. would have waited a little longer with the second but i needed antibiotics. personally i would wait as long as you could cause then you wont have to have the fetal moniter round your waist or an iv in your arm.
    trelimon

Answer by trelimon at 5:17 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I would wait it out, the baby is not in position yet, you are still pretty thick and not dilated a lot. I would be careful though because this is your fifth, you might go really quickly. Really no way to know. If your contractions begin and they are strong and regular at least 5 min apart I would go to the hospital unless you Dr. gave you detailed guidelines. Of course if your water broke then go ahead and go in. Above all else, follow doctors guidelines, he/she knows you better than we do.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:27 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• 25% effaced in a 5th pregnancy is nothing!! I was 25% effaced at my 19 week u/s and the doc said it was totally normal and this is only my 3rd pregnancy. -2 station is still pretty high and you can stay at 3cm for weeks.

Why were you thinking about heading to the hospital?
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 7:11 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I would wait until you're in labor. Preferably, even active labor.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 7:55 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• yea wait until you are in labor, which based on your post you are not. but getting there! good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:07 PM on Sep. 23, 2009