my baby doesnt want to take naps

my daughter is 16 months old and the last couple days when i put her in her crib for a nap like i do every day she just sits in there and plays for a couple hours. but at night she isnt acting to overly tired or anything. does anyone have any suggestions?

lmaines22

Asked by lmaines22 at 5:23 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Sometimes that happens. My DD does this too. Good Luck!
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 5:25 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• is she on 1 nap or 2 still? hey, at least she is in there playing - my son screams like no tomorrow if he's up and in his crib!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:32 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• My dd has been trying to drop all naps since about that age. You are doing the right thing by putting her in her crib! It's not that they really need a nap per say, it's the calm time where nothing else is going on. Whether she naps or not, that time is important. I read that somewhere in parenting.com or something.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 6:06 PM on Sep. 23, 2009