What do i have to look forward to?

What are things that have to look forward to with my son being born early?(the doctors have told us somethings.i guess i want feed back on how different moms deal with this..i a new mom and i just want a little more input from other moms.)

ilovehanif2009

Asked by ilovehanif2009 at 5:30 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• I don't have any personal experience... but my cousin & his wife had 3 preemies. The middle one was born about 3 mos early & they didn't know if he would pull through or not.

Now, he's the most rambunctious and... I'll just say "round" lol... one of the bunch. No lasting effects at all --- I wouldn't believe he was a preemie if I didn't KNOW it first hand.

G'luck to you!
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 5:47 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• my nephew was a preemie.. now he's a 4 year old. He's short, (always has been his 2 year old sister is taller than him) and had multiple health problems as a baby. Otherwise, he's happy, healthy, rowdy, and completely normal!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 6:02 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Thank you to both for your answers!
    ilovehanif2009

Answer by ilovehanif2009 at 10:09 PM on Sep. 24, 2009