Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please help me

Ibeen married for 8 yrs my so call husband been lock up for 8 yrs in a nut house .
he use to get out for a coupl of hours then go back in .
we both met each other at the nut house.
well make a long stroy short.
i did not know about his large settlement until i got a phone call that he buy this whore a car and got her license back/when i call told him about it he said that was his girl and going to married her when he get,s out and devorce me we have a son together i don,t think child support will help!
can that whore get in trouble with the law for taking his money cause he play crazy 24/7 or can i sued for anything like messing up marriage can she get in trouble for taking from a nut case?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 5:33 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in About CafeMom

Answers (5)
  • You really need to contact a lawyer. Most lawyers will consult with you the first time for free.

    Answer by firenicecream at 5:36 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

  • Nope - his money, he can give it to whoever he wants to.

    If he has a settlement & divorces you, then you're entitled to a BIG chunk of it, though --- at least 1/2 if you're in a community property state... and most likely more if you get custody of your son.

    So... if I were you (just based on what I've read, keep in mind), I'd beat him to the punch, file for divorced on him, and have the assets freezed until it's all settled so he doesn't hide the $$.

    BUT, if you've both had a hystory of mental illness --- be ready for a bumpy ride... especially in regards to child custody.

    Answer by Laura1229 at 5:40 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

  • Get a lawyer, you can stop him fom spending any more of it. Also, you can get temp. child support if you are separated. Also, you can sue for your portion of the money, that include the money he has already spent. Or you can sue that you control his money because he isn't in the right state of mind to handle his finances. Also stop using the phrase nut house.

    The have free legal aide in all states and cities.

    Answer by Ministerswife at 5:44 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

  • Can his other childern get it for child support he has never took care of none his kids

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

  • can i go after the whore?

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:27 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in About CafeMom
How do I leave a group?

Next question overall (General Parenting)