FCC's Diversity Czar: 'White People Need to be Forced to Step Down So Someone Else Can Have Power'

White people, must "step down so" "more people of color, gays" and "other people" "can have power." And thereby "change the problem" of whites running the show.

What do you think of this statement?

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/seton-motley/2009/09/23/fccs-diversity-czar-white-people-need-be-forced-step-down-so-someone-0

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:39 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think the focus should be on getting quality people in power. Simply having different races of people in power isn't going to fix anything. Corruption is the real issue and that problem can be fixed by getting people in office who have integrity.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 9:28 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:39 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I'm not surprised by this statement after all he was brought in by Obama, a racist.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 5:43 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I think the best qualifyed person needs to be in power no matter what color their skin is. Get rid of the Lobby's and special intrest groups and we would have better laws passed that help the majority rather than keep the rich rich and the poor poorer
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 5:56 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Title dont tell it all and others will not visit site,
    They will only make a statement from post:
    insert from this blog:
    This... there's nothing more difficult than this. Because we have really, truly good white people in important positions. And the fact of the matter is that there are a limited number of those positions. And unless we are conscious of the need to have more people of color, gays, other people in those positions we will not change the problem
    Ministerswife

Answer by Ministerswife at 6:00 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• It's a very racist, ignorant comment. But, since he's part of BO's administration, it doesn't surprise me. We all know BO has the same mentality many blacks have. They think the white man somehow "owes" them something because their ancestors were slaves.

What they fail to realize, or admit, is that people of their OWN color SOLD their ancestors into slavery.

I've got news for them, I'm not "stepping down" for anybody. I don't "owe" anyone - ANYTHING!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:27 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• ...unless we are conscious of the need to have more people of color, gays, other people in those positions we will not change the problem...

I disagree.  Look around. Blacks, Latinos, women are all moving into positions of power in this country. We have a black president, a women Sec. of State, and a Latino woman justice.  Making a conscious effort means not being color-blind, it's focusing on differences. Focusing on race and gender is discriminatory.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:30 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Step down from what?

I think he needs to schedule surgery (before any HC legislation passes, just in case) to remove the giant chip on his shoulder.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:03 PM on Sep. 23, 2009