Has anyone had a hip replacement?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:40 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Health

• I had a total hip replacement 13 months ago. It was to correct a birth defect, I was born without a hip socket on the left side,and the joint was sitting on top of the leg bone, causing unbelievable pain. What can I help you with about it? I'll share anything you want to know! If you don't want to here, PM me,and I'll be glad to help.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 5:48 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Hip replacement surgery is one of the most performed surgery done every year. Many people who have arthritis thinks that surgery would be their last option to manage hip pain. Some had to go through multiple surgery just to correct their primary surgery.

CatRus09

Answer by CatRus09 at 4:00 PM on Feb. 17, 2012

• Hip replacement is caused usually by excruciating pain caused by  fractured hips due to injury. However  i read about several complains about hip replacement surgery, check this website for more information DePuy

pinnaclelawsuit

Answer by pinnaclelawsuit at 11:02 AM on Feb. 27, 2012

• I havent but base on what i read is that there has been a growing number of complains about the defective hip implant which is now the subject of several DePuy recall.

CatRus09

Answer by CatRus09 at 5:30 PM on Jun. 1, 2012

• Applications of hip replacements are the most commonly performed orthopedic surgery, catering mostly the aged population. However, technology has made it possible for these surgeries to be performed even to younger patients. But the results were not as successful as when they are implanted to older people. As it turns out, younger patients’ active lifestyle causes frequent dislocations and increases the need to redo the surgery. Find more info at those hip recall law sites.

CarenTlr

Answer by CarenTlr at 9:21 AM on Jul. 17, 2012