Has anyone married the same person twice?

Just curious...

I distantly know of 2 women who have divorced and remarried the same man. Have you done this or know someone who has? Did you fall in love all over again or what happened to make you start over?

jackdaw

Asked by jackdaw at 6:09 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• My mother married and then divorced my father..twice. Duh, Mom..like she couldn't figure out what a total @%$**&$%^# he was.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:11 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• i think its retarded. but....i know a few women who did it and the 2nd time aorund was golden -
    me on the other hand i just stay engaged, its cheaper to just hand back a ring then paying for the devorce Bills!
    Kayge

Answer by Kayge at 6:15 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I know one lady who married the same man twice.....she advised me against trying it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:20 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• ay aunt did, but that was before i was born
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 6:21 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I did. I married him in 1987, divorced in 1993 due to a severe drinking problem. He was always there for me even after we divorced because of our daughter. When he got sober in 1998 we remarried and have been married ever since. I divorced him because I was enabling him to do what he was doing and I knew if I left and took his daughter he would get help. He was really bad. we are very happy now and hardly ever even disagree. Its really nice and quit the change from what we were living. It can work the second time but you have to make sure the old problems/issues are resolved.
    desperateat48

Answer by desperateat48 at 6:22 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• My aunt did. I don't know why she divorced my uncle the first time but she married him the second time for money.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:26 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• My mom and dad are twice married and divorced; to/from each other...lol.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 7:02 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Okay so I can see it in the case of an alcoholic or something, but other then that it seems ridiculous to me. Divorce is considered an easy out now a days. In the past those couple would have never gotten divorceed in the first place they would have just spent some bad years together and eventually fell back in love. I know a woman who divorced and then remarried the same guy after marrying 2 others in between. I don't know the reasoning behind it, but they ended up divorced again.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:41 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• My in-laws, it didn't work the second time either.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:12 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• My husband re-married his ex... that didn't work out so well. Their marriage ran into the exact same situations as the first time they divorced.
    DaphneMae

Answer by DaphneMae at 9:43 PM on Sep. 23, 2009