How would you feel???

My husband's son (Stepson) Is an ass. He has moments when he can be nice however he has very few manners, talks back and disrespects people all the time. I told my Dh that he needed to see a professional since it really stresses me out. He always promises but then does not follow through. I feel like he lets his kids do what ever they want. I feel if he wants to be over here then he needs to seek out a therapist to put him a a better path. I feel it is not my place to be the heavy. He is the father and needs to follow through on behavior problems. I see this as a serious problem since I am the one that gets hurt. It is my home and I deserve respect. I have tried to love him the best I can. I have done things with him. Made special time alone with him....But no matter what I do he goes back to being rude and very offensive.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:25 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• have you asked why he has an attitude towards you?....tell the hubby its affecting you and its mandatory he talk with him or hell be less wlecome over there. you have a right to be happy and if the hubby cant see that his child isnt showing you the respect he needs to do somehting about it.
    jlouise03

Answer by jlouise03 at 1:45 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• how old?
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 6:27 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Kids learn what they live. If you are the only target of this bad behavior I'd think off hand that you are doing something to deserve him acting that way toward you. Are you the evil stepmom?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:27 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I bet she is the evil step-mom. I bet she has these crazy things like expectations of him. Maybe thinks he should do chores. Maybe even expects him to do his SCHOOLWORK. Oh the horror.
    I am guessing that some of its the age too. And maybe, if he is now living with you, some of it is resentment towards his mother. Have dh call the school and set up an appointment with the councilor there, thats what they are there for.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 7:05 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Depends on his age as to how I feel about this one. It could be that he has a major attitude problem, or it could be that he is just at that age. Honestly it's hard to say without knowing how old he is.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 7:21 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• He is 16
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:09 PM on Sep. 23, 2009