My son is 6 and has only lost 2 lower bottom teeth. All the other kids have lost more than him, is he behind, why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:29 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Nope, the ages are just a guideline, the teeth will fall out when they are ready.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:03 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• miine is 6 also and only has lost the 2 bottom ones
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 6:32 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Mine will be 8 in Jan. and he just lost his first tooth... No he is not behind, the numbers you see are just average, not must....
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 6:37 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• My nephew is 7 and so far hasn't lost any teeth at all.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 8:32 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• He is not behind. There is no timetable as to when teeth fall out. I was 16 and done with braces and still losing teeth. Stop worrying. My son didn't even lose his first tooth until late in 1st grade (6 1/2 yr old)

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:09 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Everyone is my family gets teeth late and loses them late. And you know what, NONE of us has ever had a cavity! It could be a good thing!!
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:32 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• my 6 year old hasnt lost any teeth yet
    kristalsfirst

Answer by kristalsfirst at 12:23 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• My dentist says it has a lot to do with milk consumption & all the hormones that are pumped into it. The more milk your child drinks, the sooner they're likely to lose their teeth.

Mine don't like milk much - my 6 yr old hasn't lost any, my 7 yr old has only lost one, and my 11 yr old has only lost his front 4 on the bottom & 2 on the top.

The hormones in milk have also been linked to causing girls to start puberty earlier... so we buy an extra small jug of organic milk for our daughter.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 2:12 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• LOL... I guess milk could have something to do with it, but we buy organic milk and my kids rarely drink it. Having said that, my oldest got her first tooth just after she turned 1 and didn't lose any teeth until first grade (around 6) and didn't finish losing the first 8 until she was 8. My next oldest got his first tooth at 5 months old and he is 6 and has lost 6 teeth. I give him 4 months before the next 2 are out. Every child is different and it's ok.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:55 AM on Sep. 25, 2009