Boys Clothing...Do you feel there is a broad enough selection of boys clothing (size 4-16) in stores? What's missing? What else would you like to see them carry?

More of a certain item, more color choices, something else you usually have a hard time finding, what frustrates you when shopping for your son? I want to open a boys clothing store, similar to a Gap Kids or Justice, and want to get feedback from other mom's. I have a 9 y/o son who I have a hard time shopping for because of the limited selection of boys clothing. As usual the boys clothing department is a quarter of the size of the girls department with the same ol' same ol' in every store you walk into.

miichii

Asked by miichii at 6:29 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• no not big enough selection, but i dont know what i want either
    lol
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 6:31 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• In our area there is not enough of a selection. Jeans and a few t-shirts or the dress pants and button down oxfor shirts (which my son WON'T wear!!!) I really would love to see a variety!!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 8:32 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• need a good selection of hoodies
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:44 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I'd like to see some nice t-shirts, I'm tired of the cartoons on everything. I'd like to see some button down shirts that are no iron and comfy for them to run around in.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• not at all:( it seems that when my ds grew out of the toddler section there is NOTHING to choose from...
    eviesmom453

Answer by eviesmom453 at 10:30 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• thats the same for me- I have 4 boys and i hate that I can't find the right things all of the time- like my 5 yr old- he is tall and skinny- he wears a size 6 in pants for the length but if we were going by the waist size he would be like a 4t- so i would love to see more adjustable waistbands for him and then my 4 yr old loves shirts with hoods on them so i wish i could find more of those, my 2 yr old has the same issue as my 5 yr old with the skinny waist and im not having too many problems with my 2 month old besides the fact that there isn't a big selection of cute stuff- it really does seem like the selection for boys stuff is 3 times less than the girls stuff- but girls do have to have the accessories! lol- I cant wait to have my girl... lol

lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 2:16 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• IMO: (my son just turned 6)
    The boys clothes are BASIC you have shirts and jeans or shirts and khaki The shirts are plain or with a tacky charator on it. The shirts never have a pant that matches it, just jeans or khaki.

I had ONE cute one that I loved. It was faded looking very dark blue/ black pants with a gray pin stripe and the shirt was a faded vintage looking t-shirt that was 3/4 sleeve and black w/ grey sleeves. I think it had a guitar on the front. But it was an outfit. not the same ole boring shirt with jeans.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I'd like to find more hoodies and less "preppy" clothes.
    trevsrockinmom

Answer by trevsrockinmom at 11:54 AM on Sep. 24, 2009