Are there any brands of shoes that the price/quality is somewhere between Stride Rite and Target?

My kids are 2 and 4 1/2 so they grow fast and I would like them to have shoes that aren't as expensive as Stride Rite or Beeko, but are not all synthetic (get stinky quick) like Target or Walmart brand.

meercatmom

Asked by meercatmom at 6:38 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• payless or shoe dept. ?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:41 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Payless has the best shoes. I think the brand is Smart Fit or something like that. They're as highly rated as Stride Rite but a fraction of the price. They also sell Airwalks there which are great everyday sneakers.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 7:13 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I WAS JUST GONNA WRITE AIR WALK BY PAYLESS....
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 9:18 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• What's wrong with WalMart brand shoes. That's all I ever buy for my kids and for myself. Why would someone want to waste $$ on shoes that you or your child is going to grow out of. I think WalMart is a great store, it saves you money. Heck, I even buy my kids dollar general and family dollar shoes. There's nothing wrong with saving a little bit of green. I think this question was bogus!
    Kermet09

Answer by Kermet09 at 10:03 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I am in nursing school and in my pediatrics class was taught that it is useless to buy expensive shoes especially when learning to walk it can actually harm their feet.. I fin that by the time they get smelly they dont fit and if they do i wash them with a touch of bleach.
    Cherish050307

Answer by Cherish050307 at 10:18 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• You can get Stride-rites at a good price at discount stores like Marshall's or TJ Maax. I found Robeez there too!
    Kajon

Answer by Kajon at 12:41 AM on Sep. 26, 2009