My 6 mos. old had the swine flu.

I just wanted to let all the Moms know that my DD had swine flu and it wasn't the end of the world. She is only 6 mos. and probably got it from my husband who is a teacher. There was a huge outbreak at his school. Anyway, she was sick for about a week but is perfectly fine right now. So far no one from her pediatrican's practice has been hospitalized. According to my doc. 98% of current flu cases are in fact swine flu and it's no worse than a normal, seasonal flu. Of course, no mother wants to see their kid sick, but having experienced it, I would say that you shouldn't take drastic measures to avoid it. If they get it, they get it. At least then they have the immunity later on.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:44 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• wow thank you for your post!! That really calms my nerves :)
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 6:45 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• thanks for posting this! :-)
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 6:46 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Thank you for this post. Hopefully some moms will stop freaking out now.
    The swine flu actually kills less people then the regular flu. And one thing most media forgets to mention is that the majority of people who die from the flu are the very old.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 6:47 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I am the poster, you're welcome. I was so paranoid about it for a while but then she got it and we just figured she had a regular cold until it continued on past 3 days. She had it on Wed. of last week and is better today so it lasted about a week. It was mostly just a high fever (104), crankiness, and now some congestion. Of course, she wanted her mother all the time! Seriously though, it's not worth stressing over. Kids are tough!
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 6:47 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Thanks mama! You took some weight off my shoulders.
    shessohippie

Answer by shessohippie at 6:48 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Thanks that really took the some pressure off of me! Just saw a big thing on the news about how many children its affecting and the deaths! It really freaked me out!
    bittersweetqt

Answer by bittersweetqt at 6:52 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Thanks for calming everyone down. The media is just trying to freak everyone out. Like she said before, more people die from the regular flu than the swine flu.
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 7:00 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Thanks for sharing this.
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 7:03 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• me and my son both got it a few weeks ago. It's really not that bad at all. I mean yeah you feel like crap for a few days but no worse then a regular flu.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:50 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I JUST posted a question on this. Good to hear from someone who has gone through it. Although they do say that its no worse for people UNLESS they had underlying health problems, It is still worrying me as the flu season is closing in on its peak time.
    CurvyMommato1

Answer by CurvyMommato1 at 10:39 PM on Sep. 23, 2009