Poopy Butt

My son has had mild diarreah for the past 3 days (goes pooh 6x/day, not solid). Are there any foods or drinks that will help imporve his situation? Thank you!

(He's about 2 years old)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:48 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Try bananas, make sure you give him pedielite(spelling?), or something with electrolytes to keep him hydrated. Don't give juice, that tends to flush them out even more. Does he have a fever? If he does, then he needs to go to the doctor. If he wont drink the electrolytes, then they have popsicles too.

NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 6:56 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Give him pedlite or the generic brand both them work for when my daughter has diarreah.
    midnightstar21

Answer by midnightstar21 at 7:29 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I like the BRATY diet (bananas, rice, applesauce, toast, yogurt). If you give juice switch to pear and not apple (tends to loosen things up). Um Pedialite of the generic is good. Stay away from sugars if you can because those loosen things up too. Hmm. .. DR Sears gives plenty of good advice for it http://www.askdrsears.com/html/8/T081500.asp

chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 10:47 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Always consult with your pediatrician/office. I have been told not to give pedialite unless they are not consuming liquids like they are suppose to. If they are drinking water and eating there is no need for pedialite. The BRATY diet and stop giving dairy for 24 hours and see if this alone makes a difference. I noticed that yogurt was doing it to my son, I guess it was just to much for his digestive system.
    KadensMom907

Answer by KadensMom907 at 12:10 PM on Sep. 24, 2009