Heaven

Do you think in Heaven we will still have our children, spouses, boyfriends, whatever? Will these people just be other people in heaven or will the relationships (like mother/father) still exist?

Personally I feel like I will still be a mother and wife in heaven :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:53 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe that the same relationship you had on earth will be the same in heaven. I know that I will still be a mother and a wife in heaven as well.
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 6:57 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• i think they will still exist. i hope so :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:59 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• You will know those people that have crossed. Family will still be family.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:00 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Matthew 22:30
    At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.

according to this passage we won't get married in heaven, we'll be like the angels, so there will be no need. the need for closeness and a relationship is our human nature, and since we won't be human, we probly won't even consider it. as for if we remember people, and our relationships, that i'm not sure on. guess we'll have to find out when we get there huh? :)
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 7:05 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I believe if we both make it there (God willing) we will be parents, children, and spouses. I also believe we will remember those that we knew here on earth (friends, associates).
    GDIMOM

Answer by GDIMOM at 7:47 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• This subject hits very close to home this week. I believe that Heaven is a huge family reunion and I can't wait to see my dear sister there. i lost her last week and i miss her so much. Some where in the bible they call it the marriage supper of the lamb and all around the world there is niothing as much fun as a wedding feast.
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 9:29 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I do not think that we will be mother's or wives in the same sense. We might have our children and husbands, the lucky ones among us. But there will be no need for procreation imho. Plus we are all brothers and sisters in Christ, so I imagine that will be our roles in heaven, but agian I don't know.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 10:47 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• There are a lot of different thoughts on this. I"m not sure about it, and it's one of those things I have learned to just accept that God hasn't really told us much so why try to interpret and analyze it to death (no pun intended)?
    We will learn what happens when we get there...and then probably forget that we ever asked this question or debated about it because we'll be filled with His wonder and glory and be with Him. :)
    dayziesnrozes

Answer by dayziesnrozes at 12:40 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• "At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven."

What I get from that scripture is that there will not be marriages performed in heaven. It doesn't say that our marriages will cease to exist once we get to heaven
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I think if we are married here on earth we will be married in heaven but there will not be marriage in heaven if you are not already married... I think that our husbands and kids and us will have our own houses together :)
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 2:55 AM on Sep. 24, 2009