What are the definitions of color/pattern that defines a cat?

Like,for example,the tiger striped cat is a Tabby,right?
I have a cat that I think is a gray calico but she also has some of the gray stripping plus the splotches of white,orange and gray.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:55 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Pets

• yea thats a callie cat my grandmother has like 15 cats outside. all calicos are 3 colors and colors as long as they have 3 colors and white and gray are simez, i think thats how it works. I guess you could always google cats color patterens or just ask your vet.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 7:06 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• 3 colors is calico. I didn't know that until we took our cat to the vet and they wrote it down under "color".
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 7:39 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• If your cat is mostly grey with orange and white on it it is considered a dilute calico. I have a tortishell calico which is mostly black with orange and white or tan. And did you know all calicos are girls-it is a genetic trait on the female chromosome.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Thanks. I thought she WAS a calico. They put tabby under color when I had her spayed yesterday. She is a cali though. We also have a tortishell calico,a white and orange tabby and two little gray and tabby twins.
    They are wierd at that clinic. They had my white male written down as a female.
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 6:50 AM on Sep. 24, 2009