Do you ever just want peace and quiet?

My DH and I talk all the time. But tonight for the first time in months the kids are out of the house (scouts) and I have quiet. I have told my DH that I have been looking forward to this night all summer (only night there aren't kids in the house). I planned on sitting back with a cup of coffee and watching tv without interruption and I told him this. So what did he do? He cancelled his night with the guys! Ah!!!!!! I never get a break. I just wanted some time by myself. Worst part is he knew I wanted time to myself. We have plenty of time for the 2 of us (my MIL watches the kids for us often), why can't I have just 1 night?

Anyone else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:01 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm with you girl. I want one night or one day just for myself..but Nooooo DH is always right next to me lol...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:09 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Right now is the FIRST time I have been home without my son or husband around in since February, 2008 (seriously!!!) I am sooooo happy. I know they will be home soon, but the break has been amazing!
    Anonymous

• yes, like right now
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 7:17 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Yes Girl! My hubby is Deployed to Afghanistan and I'm so mentally exhausted at the end of the day..... After she goes to bed I do some fun stuff like play Sims 3, Listen to my i-pod and sit on the front porch and watch the stars.... Sometimes I have a drink to relax also it's nice but never long enough....
    Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 7:18 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I feel your pain. My husband is in another state for school and I look forward to when the munchkins (3 of them) are in bed. But no matter what, as soon as I am sitting down with a mocha or something and getting a show started, BOOM! That's exactly when my husband will call and he will want to talk for an hour or more! I have had to tell him, "Honey, I love you but I have had non-stop chatter all day and my ears need a break from having to listen and my brain needs a break from having to understand, comprehend, and respond." LOL
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 7:27 PM on Sep. 23, 2009