how do you get a 5month old to stop crying while riding in a car

leon410

Asked by leon410 at 7:11 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I get him out of the car seat and nurse him. I know, I'm bad. I seriously cannot stand the crying. My husband is always driving of course and we are in the back.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:57 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I gave my daughter a different assortment of toys,and that sometimes worked. But honestly the crying didn't really stop until she was 7 months old.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 8:01 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• When someone finds out they need to publish a book and share it with the world. And anonymous :57 that's really extremely dangerous and if you were ever to get into a wreck your child would probably die so maybe you should learn to deal with the crying until you get somewhere safe or have your DH pull over so you can nurse. Not to mention the illegality of the entire situation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I'd sit in the back with her, or let her cry herself to sleep.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 10:26 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Will a pacifier work? We have never had that problem my son is usually quiet and the only time he fusses is when the car has stopped moving for a long period of time. But I used to get in the backseat with him and keep him entertained when he did have a fussy moment.
    Cappy1979

Answer by Cappy1979 at 2:37 AM on Sep. 24, 2009