Has anyone ever

Has anyone had any type of surgery and had scar tissue built up so bad, that it has kept you from conceiving....I have had 3 surgeries on my colon in the past 5 years and I have been having unprotected sex for about 4 of these years and I have never been pregnant...Does anyone know anything about this???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:11 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• It is very possible that scar tissue could have formed in areas that you don't want it to. I had a ruptured appendix that required two surgeries. The right ovary suffered some damage from the surgery and infection. Plus, I ended up with endometriosis that I never felt. The RE found lots of scar tissue when he went in for the first surgery. It blocked my tubes, was on my ovaries, and I had an endmetrioma in the left ovary. I ended up conceiving via IVF and my twins are going on 4yrs old.

If you haven't already, I highly recommend getting at least a consult with a reputable reproductive endocrinologist...fertility specialist. They may be able to clear out blockages in your tubes if there are any, or do a laparoscopy to remove scar tissue that may be interfering.

Good luck!
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 8:58 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I know...i have so much pain all the time and i honestly believe it is the scar tissue...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:26 PM on Sep. 24, 2009