My baby girl is 4 weeks old today, and she is in the light she looks blue, but when i get up close she still looks a little blue but she looks fine. what is going on wiht my daughter.

jessyka795

Asked by jessyka795 at 7:40 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would take her and have her checked out she may not be getting enough oxygen when she is breathing if she is looking blue
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:43 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I would take her immediately to have her oxygen levels checked! She could be having some serious difficulties.

Question: Does she cry a lot or very little?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:59 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• She breath normal , my hubby checked and its was normal and she crys like her normal self.
    jessyka795

Answer by jessyka795 at 8:00 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I only asked b/c I know that babies who are having a difficult time breathing sometimes dont cry well. Or sometimes cry less.

My dd had a serious UTI infection when she was a month old and she was having trouble breathing and I never knew!

It was a serious thing for my dd and I know that with tiny babies sometimes its hard to tell whats going on.

TAKE her....just to be safe!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:23 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• If your child is any funny color. Yellow, blue, purple then you should take them to the doctor. It may sound like she is breathing fine but that doesn't mean she actually is breathing fine they need to check her oxygen levels in her blood if she is really a blue color.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:48 PM on Sep. 23, 2009