Would you expect...

to be paid for babysitting a family member's child for one evening? We're talking dinner and maybe a movie so it would be for about 5-6 hours. I could never charge a family member or close friend to babysit! Please tell me your thoughts. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:41 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• Nope, I do NOT take money from family.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:10 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Nope, I would not.
    Babysitting swaps...sure but I wouldnt pay or be paid.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 7:42 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Depends on the familymember. I would not expect to get paid, but I used to pay my younger childless sisters pretty good for an occasional night of babysittig.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 8:05 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Yea it depends on the family member. For my brother I wouldn't charge but for like a cousin or something i'd charge.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 8:35 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• It depends if it is an occasion or a schedule. Like are they going to do it once a week or once every month or two pay for once a week not once every month or two
    Cherish050307

Answer by Cherish050307 at 9:23 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• I don't...my stepsister comes here a lot when her mom wants to go out.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 10:13 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Nope, I would never charge a friend or family member for watching their kid, and they never charge me. It's kind of like a pay it forward thing; I do for you, and you do for me.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 10:14 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Thanks for your input,ladies! Maybe I didn't make the question detailed enough. See, the situation is this~ a friend has a child with autism, and her mother is uncomfortable with the idea of babysitting her grand son, because she's afraid of him going into a meltdown, and her grown daughter expects to be paid for babysitting her little brother. These parents haven't had a evening out alone in over 2 years and are NEEDING a break!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 PM on Sep. 23, 2009