Glucse Test

I failed my glucose test by about 20 points.
Who else has experienced this?
I still have to go for my second test just trying to get a little insight.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:41 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• A little insight into what?? The test tells them how well your body is processing sugar and your potential risk for developing gestational diabetes. The next test will be a two hour test. if you fail that as well you may get dietary restrictions and will be monitored more closely as gestational diabetes can cause complications in which you may need to deliver early.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:51 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• Did you eat before your test? I did during my last pregnancy and I failed my test and had to take the 2 hour test. I didn't eat during that test, and I passed. I was pretty upset that I failed, but my OB suggested that I not eat anything first.

I just had one last week (didn't eat) and haven't heard anything yet! I still have the bruise from the jab, though. Good luck!
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 8:01 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• My mom had gestational diabetes with her second child, and it was a pain in the ass. They gave her a weight-watchers type meal plan, but it was even more restricted than that. It really made her sick the whole pregnancy too. But I failed my first and passed my second, so you could be totally fine.
    brighteyesbryar

Answer by brighteyesbryar at 8:03 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• i failed the first test and passed the three hour test- it's common to do that

bring something to do at your 3 hour test- they didn't let me leave the lobby so it was pretty boring. pack a sandwich for afterwards, you'll be hungry.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:08 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• i failed the 3 hour one when i took the 1 hour i failed it so i had to do the 3 hour one my results came out to be a little over 20 also. Now i'm supposed to be on a strict diet (but haven't) and because i failed the test i had to already start my weekly visits (i'm 33 weeks) because he the dr wanted to keep a close eye on me so i won't go into early labor the dr told me if it taste good i can't have it (great...) but when i went back for my next appt i only gained one pound so its looking good (cuz your only supposed to gain 2 pounds every week i guess from here on out)....hope it helps...
    maris1192

Answer by maris1192 at 6:21 PM on Sep. 24, 2009