grease burn 2 days old is it ok to use?

soap and water then put triple antibiotic on it 3 times a day and let it breath? or should i take my 1 yr old to the Dr to have her checked out cause it blistered and she popped it

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:20 PM on Sep. 23, 2009 in Kids' Health

• You should have taken her to the doctor in the first place..
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 8:32 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• why? its just a blister, I wouldn't have bothered the doctor with it either. I would say wash it use an ointment that will kill off germs like neosporin, BUT those can hurt a burn really bad. I would clean it, then put aloe on it with a loose gauze bandage personally.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 8:34 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• It needs to be checked out. I recently burned my hand and the doctor told me to use ONLY soap and water and keep it uncovered as much as possible but with a 1 yr old, I would atleast call the doctor and ask what to do. I would have it checked out to be on the safe side, burns can become infected quickly.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:07 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• yeah just keep it clean and treat it, the blister popping is progress really.... burns suck!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 10:25 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• She should have been taken to the doctor when it happened!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Take her to the Dr. you do not want it to get infected!!! they may give you something for the pain.
    Moriah
    www.WorkingGreenMoms.com
    MoriahL

Answer by MoriahL at 1:01 PM on Sep. 28, 2009